Ontario Premier Doug Ford is speaking out after the U.S. had blocked a shipment of three million medical masks from coming into the province on Sunday.

As a result, Ford said the province now expects to run out of masks and other personal protective equipment for healthcare workers next week.

“We had 3 million masks stopped at the border this weekend coming up to Canada. That’s unacceptable," Ford told Global Toronto's Alan Carter. "Absolutely unacceptable that they’re doing this. Hopefully we’re going to work through it and get an exemption for Canada.”

The coronavirus pandemic has infected more than 1.2 million people worldwide and killed 70,356.

In Canada, there are 15,496 confirmed cases and 280 deaths so far.

Advertisement
Code: Travel6. It is required to enter a promotional code. The promotion applies to a certain group of goods. The promotion is available to all shop customers. The promotion is available without any restrictions on the amount of the order.

More videos

Associated Press 11 May 2020 11:44 CEST

AP Top Stories May 11 A