A person in Illinois who vaped has died after being hospitalized with severe respiratory illness.
This is amid reports that dozens of people have been sickened with lung problems linked to vaping.
The number of e-cigarettes or vaped users hospitalized with respiratory problems has doubled in the past week to 22.
They were aged 17 to 38 and had symptoms included coughing, shortness of breath, and fatigue.
“The severity of illness people are experiencing is alarming and we must get the word out that using e-cigarettes and vaping can be dangerous,” Department of Public Health Director Dr. Ngozi Ezik
According to Reuters, some also suffered vomiting and diarrhea.